Did you know, that the month of January the leading cause of fires are due to dryer vents?
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates that there are approx. over 15,000.00 dryer vent fires a year. When lint builds up in the dryer or in the exhaust, this prevents proper air flow; which causes excessive heat build-up, and will result in a fire.
Signs that your dryer vent may need cleaning.
- Drying time exceeds past 50 min.
- Vent hood flap does not open (be sure to check accumulation of snow, preventing the flap to open properly)
- Over one year since your last cleaning
- Clothes are hot to the touch when you remove them
- Increased utility bill—- estimated of a difference of 400.00 a year
- Accumulated lint on filter (Run your filter under warm water weekly, especially if you use dryer sheets. Dryer sheets build up a wax coating on your filter, reducing air flow)
Let our professional technicians address your needs. We can properly clean your vents, or replace the corrugated vent with hard piping reducing the chance of extra lint build up.
Our pricing and service time varies, every dryer vent is different. Typically they can range from 5 ft. to 80 ft, and some have many elbows. Give us a call for pricing and to set up a free estimate.